Saturday, October 13, 2012

Just fucking do it.



There are so many times when I'll think about writing more about my life, but it overwhelms me more often than not. It's hard to know where to begin, how much to tell, what the focus should be. And I know the solution is to just start writing and keep writing until I get whatever point I want to make out of my system, but procrastination is my Achilles heel, so much so that I'll sit around feeling guilty about the writing I could have done, should have done, should be DOING. I think just writing things here at this blog that no one reads is as good of a start as any.

The funny thing is I'm the kind of person who goes off on long, inappropriate tangents on Facebook updates and threads........the kind that put people off because I'm "too serious." Well, fuck yes I'm serious about things, and I have a fucking lot to say about almost everything. I'll admit that Facebook is not the appropriate outlet for that stuff, but sometimes the need to speak outweighs any worry about whether or not it might bore or annoy someone.

So yeah, from here on out my goal is to just fucking do it, whether it's earth shattering or mundane is irrelevant right now because it's more important to just put words on the page regularly. I'm going to start with a minimum of one blog post a week and see where it goes

And this counts for one. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment